The Memorial Pavilion at Rubislaw Field was only part of the Club’s tribute to those of its members who fell in the 1914-18 War. The magnificent War Memorial which adorned the north wall of the old School Hall was provided by the Aberdeen Education Authority with a contribution towards the cost from the FP Club. In association with these Memorials, the Club published a Roll of Pupils incorporating the years 1795 to 1919. This was originally another idea conceived by Morland Simpson in 1898, on which some preliminary work was done over the next ten years. In 1908 Theodore Watt, later to become Secretary of the Club, began to card-index all the Admission Registers of the School from 1863. This was a huge task, but by 1913 it was sufficiently advanced for the Executive to authorise it to be put in type for publication. By August 1914 this was well advanced, but the outbreak of War meant postponement. As time went by, it became clear that the Roll would also have to be a Roll of War Service, so it was resolved that the publication of the Roll, with the addition of individual war records and its extension to the date of the Declaration of Peace, would form part of the School War Memorial Scheme. The Roll was published in October 1923, co¬inciding with the great Dinner of that year.
The War Memorial in the Hall, comprising nine panels bearing the names of FPs who had died in the Great War, was unveiled by Lord Alness on 8th May 1923, and twenty-seven years later he returned to unveil six additional panels bearing the names of those FPs who lost their lives in the 1939-45 War. The Club also published, in conjunction with the extension of the Memorial, a handsomely bound Roll of Honour containing a photograph and biographical note about each of the 194 FPs lost in that War. Copies were presented to the next-of-kin, and a specially-bound copy was presented to the School. The Memorial was moved when the Hall was converted in 1964, and now occupies a similar position on the south wall of the new Hall. Wear and tear had led to some deterioration of the Memorial and in 2008 the Club funded its complete restoration.