Membership of the Club grew steadily, and by 1910-11 had reached 1,000. It passed the 2,000 mark in 1927-28. Between then and the end of World War Two membership was around 2,150 but it then increased. The 1949 figure of 2,309 was the high point. It fluctuated around the 2,000 level for several years but has declined now to around 1,000. The original subscription was 1s., rising to 2s.6d. in 1907 (due to the Club assuming responsibility for the Magazine from the School in that year), and to 5s. in 1919 after which it was held until 1947. In 1950 the 10s. threshold was reached and the £1 barrier was broken in 1969. Life Membership began in 1895 at £1.1s.,was doubled in 1907 and went up to £5.5s. in 1919. In 1939 it was actually reduced to £5. In the light of deficits in the Club’s accounts in each of the post-war years, it was decided in 1952 to make Life Membership £15, and to appeal to existing Life Members for donations to the Life Member Capital Fund of the difference between what they had originally paid and the sum of £10. The object was to derive the benefit of annual interest on the Fund and the advantage of capital redemption. The appeal was very successful, raising upwards of £2,000. The subscription was periodically increased, that in 1976 being accompanied by a strong appeal to Ordinary members to change from paying annually, resulting in a substantial “conversion” to Life Membership. The whole subscription structure was revised in 2000 to its present levels.